Saturday, October 9, 2010

Week1, Day 2 (posted the morning after!)

What I've learned:
The whey protein shake is okay. I can really taste the protein powder and when you blend the shake it gets frothy which isn't all that yummy. Also it's large amount to drink and that's fine on days that I'm only drinking the shake for breakfast or snack, but on day 3 the menu calls for the shake and oatmeal for breakfast. I'll let you know how it turns out!
It's really easy to cheat! I was offered pizza for lunch today and even though I had packed my carefully measured meal I still gave in to the temptation. I must have will power!

What I ate:
Breakfast-Whey protein shake with spinach and mixed berries.
Midmorning snack-1 cup oatmeal and 1 ounce almonds.
Lunch-2 slices of veggie pizza (it was really good at the time!)
Dinner-Tuna salad on lettuce with tomatoes and 1 cup raspberries.

How I feel:
I feel alright. I'm really upset at my self for cheating right out of the gate. Jackie say's you should eat clean for 5 days and allow your self a cheat meal on the weekends. The way I look at it is I just gave up one of my weekend cheat meals on the second day.
My body is sore from my workout today. I did one of Jackie's time saving DVDs. Trust me when I say it was the quickest and toughest 30 minutes of the day. Tomorrow I'm going to try her circuit's DVD. I'm actually looking forward to it!

What to look forward to:
I'm going to re-read the metaphysiques chapter of Jackie's book. I'm having trouble buying into the whole idea of positive thinking when my stomach is grumbling and my arms are hurting. I need a refresher course.
Also I went to Jackie's website and they are running a special on on-line personal training. I have to see what it will cost me, but I am seriously considering getting some added support!

No comments:

Post a Comment