Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week 1, Day 1

What I've learned:
I learned today that eating every 3 hours does not work for me when I work a closing shift. I feel like I have to eat my breakfast, midmorning snack, and lunch all in a very short period of time. Then I spread my afternoon snack and dinner out. I at breakfast at 8:30am, midmorning snack at 11am, lunch at 1pm, afternoon snack at 4pm, and dinner at 6:15pm. I also found that when I came home from work at 10:30pm I was starving because I am used to eating dinner when I come home form work. So that's where my "post dinner" meal comes into play. I added 1 cup of fruit, like Jackie suggests when craving something sweet after dinner. Also the 1 slice of bread was supposed to be for lunch, but I forgot to eat it...which is a good thing because it gave me an option. I can say with great certainty that when I am hungry is when I make the most bad food choices. Honestly, I was craving raw chocolate chip cookie dough before I at my post dinner snack, now I can say I feel full and satisfied.

What I ate:
Breakfast: 2 whole-wheat tortilla's with 1 scrambled egg and 1 tablespoon salsa each.
Midmorning snack-1 cup cottage cheese and a pear.
Lunch-salad with tomatoes and 2 tablespoons dressing and 4 ounces baked chicken.
Afternoon snack-1 banana.
Dinner-4 ounces grilled chicken, 1 sweet potato, and 1 cup steamed broccoli.
*Post dinner snack-1 slice whole-wheat bread and 1 cup raspberries.

How I feel:
I felt like I was eating too much until after dinner. I feel motivated to be successful at the plan.

What to look forward to:
Tomorrow is Week 1, Day 2 and I will be adding circuit training to my daily routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment