Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's A Plan

Today I started making my plan. I’ve updated my goals and I’m more motivated than ever before. To start I made a week of menus and food journals and printed them. I’ve made an exercise journal too that I can take to the gym with me to record my cardio and my circuit exercise.  After putting together a simple 3 ring binder with dated tabs to keep track of my menus and journals, I typed up my new goals.

Here’s the update: I’m going to lose 35 lbs by December 25, 2010. That’s Christmas and what greater gift to me than a healthier more fit more trim body! In losing the weight I will also be closer to a normal/healthy BMI and will fit into the clothing that I already own much better. Heck, I might even have to go out and shop for new clothes which is probably one of my most favorite things to do! I also feel like achieving this weight loss goal will improve my overall health and with any luck it will cure some of my back and joint problems. Once I printed my goals I put them in a sheet protector at the front of my binder so I’ll see them every time I open the binder! I’m thinking of putting inspirational quotes on the front…chase the burn!

 I also typed out and printed my body stats and left spaces for a half-way measurement and measurements when I reach my deadline. Here they are: Chest 41.5 inches, waist 35, and hips 45.5. I also included my current weight and BMI on the sheet. Then I made spaces for a halfway weigh in and measurements as well as weight and measurements at my deadline. Ewww, I hate that word “deadline”. I really think it’s a negative word. Let’s a different word…..like goal line….I like that! It’s definitely more positive. December 25, 2010 is my goal line. I will lose 35lbs by Christmas! Part of Jackie’s plan is called “metaphysiques” which is based on the principle the “like attracts like”. Positive thoughts will help get me through this change. I will be happy, I will be healthy. I feel good after working out, I feel good when I eat right. I can do this!

Some may ask “Why did you change your goal?” Well its simple really…baby steps. My original goal that I really didn’t say out loud is 63 pounds (that will put me at my lowest adult weight as well as a normal/healthy BMI). And don’t get me wrong I totally think that is achievable on Jackie’s plan, but I’m nervous. I’m horribly afraid of failing at something that is so important to me.  My back injury in late September really drove my fears home. Therefore, I’ve cut my goal in half as well as my goal line. Instead of 6 months I reduced my goal line to 3 months.  I know that I can do this and stick to the plan. I will see short team results of my long term goals.  Once I have reached my first goal it will be simple to ramp up my workout intensity and continue to eat clean to achieve the remainder of my goal.

Also I think when you tell people you want to lose 35 lbs they are more supportive and easily get on board with your plans. If you tell them you want to lose 63 lbs they are skeptical. I am looking for and need all the support I can get. I’m very fortunate to have a very loving boyfriend who doesn’t need me to change, but will support my efforts. During the jump start he helped me cut fruits and veggies up and put them into proper portions as well as not tempting me with my vise foods like pizza and Mac’ & cheese!

On the other hand when I tell people I’ve lost 35 lbs they’ll be happy for me, but when I get to tell them I’ve lost 63 lbs they’ll be impressed and excited. I mean 63 lbs is a child! How impressive is that?! I’m motivated to be successful, I’m motivated to make the change, and I’m motivated to be thin and trim!

Time to make my grocery list and head over to Whole Foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment